Monday 14 January 2013

Happy (Belated) New Year!



I promised myself that I would never begin a post with 'sorry I haven't blogged in a while", and I have no intention of breaking that promise now, although I will say that I have missed you very much! Also a very belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! :)

The last few months of 2012 were filled with an incredible amount of upheaval and change for me. I've got a new job, a new home; there have been deaths and births, tears and laughter, and everything in between. I've been forced to take a good hard look at myself and the decisions that I have made and what they have produced in my life.


Most of all though, I have learned so much about myself and what I can do if I put my mind to it.  I also appreciate how blessed I am and how much love I have around me. I don't know what it is about hardship but somehow it seems to be the greatest teacher. How cool it would be, if I could grow and mature whilst having a great time, or if I could close my eyes, make a wish & everything that I want would magically appear? But apparently that's not quite how it works!


I also realise that the saying 'life is short', is not strictly accurate because life can be extremely long! I know that I need to be mindful of the foundations that I am laying, and that I stay purposeful, to be the person I want to be and live the life that I want to live...

Not that I have attained this as yet, but I'm on the journey. I have so many exciting plans for 2013, I've given it the tag line of 'love, money and happiness' (in no particular order). I look forward to sharing my journey with you this year & promise to be more consistent!

What are your plans for 2013?

Peace & Love

xx

Oh before I forget (wow, I'm so out of practice!), the cakies in the picture are Gingerbread Cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery Book - Cake Days, click here for a link to a recipe. They are definitely great for winter with a cup of tea and a whole new outlook on life! :)




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...