Monday 26 May 2014

Add a Kilo of Love - Mindshackles



"I think, for me, I've always struggled with my moods and my emotional well being. Even as a child I was very melancholy and used to try and run away from home and commit suicide when I was really young. As an adult, I was really surprised at how going through a serious life-changing event [can] bring you back to that place, when you think you've got over it. I realise that the more you're open about those things, the more you give other people the permission to talk about it. To not be ashamed. So yeah, I think it's important that people share their stories." Excerpt from the interview


A good friend of mine, Iesha Small, recently embarked on a multi-media project looking at depression and the ways that people deal with it and asked me to take part. Last week she posted my interview and after spending a week being scared to death of what people would think, I took the plunge and shared it on my Facebook page. I have been moved with the response. So many people could relate and now more than ever, I realise how important it is to keep things out in the open.

It's my personal journey and I hope that by sharing, in some way it can help you or someone you know.

Click here for the link to the full interview.

Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...