Friday 25 March 2011

When life gives you a lemon, find someone who has vodka and throw a party (Ivan Minic)


Courtesy of Chapel Market, Islington London.
Until I started baking, I was only really into Chocolate Cakes. However since reluctantly adding a touch of freshly grated lemon zest to my vanilla cake mix, I have fallen in love with all things lemony.


I wanted to make a cupcake version of the Lemon Meringue Pie. There are loads of recipes out there but it's just as easy to make it up as you go along.






Today's offering is my attempt at such a delight. The cake is vanilla with a lemon curd filling, topped with Mascarpone Cream Icing (my old favourite) and a small but perfectly formed meringue.  - delicious...


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...