A friend of mine sent me a message the other day on Facebook asking for a simple brioche recipe to use in a posh bread & butter pudding. I couldn't help him with a simple recipe (there's nothing simple about making brioche), but I did ask him for his recipe as it sounded delicious. And it was! I absolutely love brioche, and to mix it with fruit and custard was so much better than I thought possible. I thought this was a dessert for cold weather but it actually works quite well chilled so is versatile. Perhaps the best part about it is that it's a simple assembly job so takes no time at all - you can get all of the ingredients ready made!
Fancy Bread & Butter Pudding
500g Vanilla Custard
400g Brioche Loaf
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5/ 375oF / 190oC
2. Generously butter the base and sides of an oven proof dish
3. Layer the base of the dish with slices of the brioche loaf, cover generously with half of the custard and evenly sprinkle a third of the blueberries over the custard.
4. Repeat the steps above for one more layer and finally add another layer of brioche and decorate the top of the pudding with the remaining blueberries.
5. Cook in the pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the blueberries burst.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before serving warm.
Peace & Love