Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Nest Cakes


Happy (belated) Easter! I hope you all had a lovely time. I am just finishing up a very rare (and partly forced) week off work. I think my body went into melt down and I ended up in bed for most of it, but I did manage to do some baking and got stuck into my latest book called "Cake" by Rachel Allen.


My sister is a huge Rachel Allen fan & already has some of her books. The interesting thing about Rachel (as we're on first name terms and that), is that she swears by Kerry Gold butter. I must confess that I never really use it for baking as I always stick to unsalted butter, which Kerry Gold don't do. In any case I thought I would give it a shot and have been baking up a storm with some really delicious recipes.

Today, I'm going to share these Easter nests as they are tasty in their own right but cool as cupcake toppers. I had hoped to share this at the beginning of the week, in time for Easter, but I guess you can take this as an early Easter gift for next year! :)

Easter Nests 

150g (3 1/2oz) dark or milk chocolate (I used Galaxy) broken into pieces
4 Shredded Wheat
1/4 tsp butter
Mini chocolate eggs

1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water until just melted, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat.
3. Crumble the Shredded Wheat and add them to the chocolate mixture until they are fully coated.
4. Use approximately 2 teaspoons of the mixture to make each nest. Use your fingers to form the shape, remembering to leave a small dent in the middle for the mini eggs to rest in. 
5. Add 3 mini eggs to each nest and then leave for about 30 mins to set.

Easy peasy! :)



The nests are resting on some delicious strawberry cupcakes, look out for this lovely Rachel Allen recipe coming soon...


Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...