Monday 12 September 2011

The pursuit of happyness

A fool dreams of wealth; a wise man of happiness. Turkish Proverb.


Recently I keep getting asked whether or not I am happy. I find the question a bit confusing, as I don't really understand what is meant by happiness. In my mind you are happy because of something specific as opposed to a state of being.

I decided to look up the dictionary definition and found that it is both of those things; a state of well-being and contentment, and a pleasurable or satisfying experience. I also found this quote;

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.Mahatma Gandhi

Being happy is better than being a king. African Proverb

























I had a moment of clarity this summer as I sat on the beach listening to the waves crashing against the sand (it'll do that to you). I realised that my life did not reflect my true priorities and I made a decision there and then to stop and do something about it.



Last week I took the first and perhaps most important step: I turned my back on the rat race and left my 9-5. I didn't have time to think, let alone harmonise my thoughts, words and actions with everything I had going on! That said, unless I find a wealthy benefactor or come up with a wildly successful money making scheme it will only be for a time. But, I plan to use this time wisely. I will also be trying out tasty new combinations like Red Velvet Cake & White Chocolate Frosting - delicious.


Here's to the pursuit of happiness.


x



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. So apt with how I am feeling today. I am not a happy bunny right now, tho im sure one of your delicious cakes would sort that out quick time lol

    I love this cute lil blog. Good stuff x

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you are my Shero, I have every faith that you will find this contentment and happ'y'ness. Like the man in the film, you are intelligent hard working and full of promise. I look forward to seeing not only your personal life, but your vocation FLOURISH (in Jesus's name)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

    13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

    14 I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, declares the LORD, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, do your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you peoples, your support means everything xxx
    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...