Monday 27 August 2012

Princess Cakies



Baking for little girls is such fun! This was a birthday cake for my beautiful niece Ellie who turned 3 not too long ago. I'd been dying to try out the ruffle buttercream effect and figured that this was as good a time as any :).

The birthday girl
The cake was made using the Amy Atlas vanilla cake recipe as it's currently my favourite. I've been searching the net to find the recipe online but without success so far, and I'm not sure if it would be wrong for me to put it up myself. So for now you will need to get her book, Sweet Designs for the details (it's definitely worth it!)

My son & Ellie


Happy Birthday to yooooooou!

Watching the children around me grow up makes me realise just how much time is flying. I still can't get my head around the fact that I have two of my own! Just the other day I was a little girl running around eating cake and now I'm a mum with responsibilities! I reckon that your brain stops maturing at around 20 and then you spend the rest of your life watching events unfolding, wondering 'How did that happen?!' 

My niece and nephew
I am making it my goal to savour every day and to embrace this thing called 'getting old'. I love it in fact. As I get older, I get wiser and more in control. I also get to relive my childhood and make beautiful Princess cakies :)

Peace & Love

xx


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh these pictures of your son and neice are SO gorgeous!!! this is childhood at it's best!! Good for you :)))) and BEAUTIFUL cake
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...