Wednesday 5 September 2012

Tea and Cake London - Violet


In June I did my first review from the Tea and Cake London book by Zena Alkayat, at Ms Cupcake in Brixton. Since then I have cherry picked the places that I am most excited about, one of which is Violet in Hackney London. 


There are many things about this place that makes me happy;

1. It's in Hackney, East London aka the place of my birth and my spiritual home.
2. The founder Claire Ptak is beyond talented and I love the work that she does.
3. The cakes look amazing! Claire (we're pretty much on first name terms in my head) is all about fresh, wholesome ingredients and that is something so very close to my heart.



So one sunny afternoon, I slipped away from my desk at work and made my way down to Violet. I've got to be honest, I was excited -like it was Christmas Day or something as I sat on the bus and when I got there I wasn't disappointed. I bought one of every mini cupcake that I could and sat down to enjoy a chocolate cupcake with a well needed coffee.




The anticipation was worth it! The cakes were moist and tasty and delicious and the cafe is cute and friendly and welcoming. When I grow up I want to have a little cafe like Violet. Unassuming yet awesome!


Peace & Love
xx





Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful little cakes!! so pretty I just love them. About 100 years ago (it seems!) I used to work in Hackney!
    mary x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...