Sunday 17 February 2013

Dedicated To My First Born...


So Valentines Day has come and gone... I didn't get any balloons or love letters or flowers but I did get to celebrate the birthdays of two special boys; my first born son & my gorgeous nephew. 

My son was born on Valentines Day and I still remember his birth like it was yesterday. Like many first time mothers, it was a traumatic experience. I was in labour for 3 days and had every type of medical intervention known to man. By the time I had the cesarean, I was hungry, dehydrated and exhausted. But with my baby in my arms, I just couldn't sleep. I stayed up all night, excited, with him on my chest wondering how on earth I was going to look after this precious thing. 

There's something special about the first child, that one on one time, the unknown, the excitement with every development. I remember the first time he looked around, the first time he saw a balloon, his first words, first steps, our first holiday and how he smiled at all the ladies, the first time he got a fever & we panicked and rushed him to the hospital, there are just so many memories. 

Now he's grown and cuddles with mummy are a bit of a pain! He still lets me have them though and for that I'm grateful. :) 

9 Years Old, I can't believe it!!
I've just been listening to Alicia Key's latest album recently and one song she sings sums it up perfectly. It's called 'When It's All Over'

"When they lay me down, put my soul to rest
When they ask me how I spent my life
At least I got to love you, when it's all over
When it's all said and done, when it's all over
At least I got to love you, at least I got to love you"


I can't forget my nephew who's birthday is one day earlier. He is the sweetest thing and always has something nice to say. I love baking for him because he loves his aunty's cakes! :) Check out a post that I wrote for his birthday last year here.

My very gorgeous nephew getting tickled by my boys :)
So to celebrate this happy week, it only seemed right to make cakies...

It's been a while since I made Red Velvet Cupcakes, I forgot how tasty they are! I'm not a big cake eater (believe it or not), but Red Velvet Cupcakes are my one weakness. Add some sugar lego men and lots of sprinkles and it makes for a happy time all round, who cares about Valentines! :)



Click here for the recipe link.

What/Who are you grateful for?

Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww no Valentine for Dewbs :( Whatsup with that?
    Can we meet SOOOON please. What you doing this evening? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they are toooooo sweet! Happy Birthday (belated) boys! xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...