Sunday 7 July 2013

Mango & Lemon Fusion Cupcakes (Inspired by Ellen Gallagher)


Back in June I went to see the Ellen Gallagher: AxME exhibition at the Tate Modern and was inspired to create a cupcake flavour.


The exhibition was very interesting: Ellen uses a mixture of different mediums including paint, photographs & even plasticine to bring her art to life. After taking it all in, I came away thinking of all things yellow and decided try out variations of either lemon or mango cupcakes.

I started out with a vanilla recipe as the base. The lemon cupcake had a lemon curd centre with a whipped cream topping, lightly flavoured with lemon curd. For the mango cupcake, I pureed some sweet mangoes (the Pakistani variety I believe) for the centre and flavoured the whipped (double) cream with some of the mango puree and a little icing sugar.



However, when I put everything together, I mixed up the toppings & fillings and ended up with a lemon, mango fusion. The best variety being the mango centre with the lemon cream topping.


At first I was kicking myself for messing up but when I tasted it, it was actually really good! It got me thinking about making mistakes, how often I seem to make them and how annoyed I get with myself for it.


The truth is, no-one is perfect, least of all me and that as long as I'm growing and evolving I will continue to make mistakes. The good news is that sometimes, they can turn out to be important discoveries and if you're really lucky, very tasty!



Here's to making tasty mistakes!

Peace & Love
xx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...