Wednesday 9 November 2011

Comfort Food


I've realised something about me that I've always known: I love a challenge. I always choose something that is going to stretch and take me to and past the limits of my capacity. It's a love/hate thing, I put myself under enormous pressure and hate myself for not taking the easy route, and then I achieve something cool & once I've got over the exhaustion or whatever, I'm like 'Well done me!" 



Seriously, it's like that saying 'Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear' Ambrose Redmoon. My own motto is 'No decision I make will be based on fear' or something like that, I haven't quite got a motto pinned down yet, more a mantra for life. If I'm scared but it's something worthwhile, I will definitely do it anyway.

I pushed myself this week doing cool things, and right now I'm exhausted, licking my wounds and in need of some serious pampering. At such a time as this, only chocolate will do, so I made myself some chocolate and banana brownies, just for me, all mine, not anybody else's. I know soon I will be able to look back and say 'well done me' but today it's all about warm brownies and maybe a cup of tea (my new obsession).



Keep pushing through! 

Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hot! With some cinnamon ice cream - have you tried home made cinnamon ice-cream? To D-I-E for. Seriously! Yummmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl after my own heart.....
    Yummie!!!!
    You can 'Comfort' me anytime Bailey! ;) *hehe
    Thanks for your words.
    Inspirational.....as usual! :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...