Tuesday 17 January 2012

Petit Pain Au Chocolat



Happy Tuesday folks! Yesterday was a day of three pretty cool things. First up, I had the privilege of getting a sneak peak of David Hockney's upcoming exhibition A Bigger Picture at the Royal Academy of Arts during a preview showing for friends and family. 

There are two things I love about preview showings; the first is being able to see the art in peace. This will almost definitely be a very busy exhibition so to get to see it like this was amazing, especially in such a grand institution. The other cool thing were the refreshments; more specifically the Champagne that flowed and flowed! 

No photography allowed but I managed to sneak the corner of one pic! :)
The second thing I did yesterday was to enjoy the beauty of the winter sun. I confess that last weekend I stayed in to avoid the frost and bitter cold. I just looked out of the window, said no & curled back up again - shameful! This was no longer an option come Monday and I realised that I had been missing out! The snaps below are taken from my garden. I love how nature can bring forth beauty even in the starkest environments.



The third and final cool thing I did yesterday was to make some Petit Pain au Chocolats - with Flake chocolate :). I had seen this recipe a while ago on another blog and have been wanting to try it because it looks so simple. As I was assembling the petit pains I had a brainwave and thought, "I wonder what it would taste like with a Flake?"



The answer is delicious! Plus the Flake actually retains its flakiness which adds an interesting texture to the bread. It's definitely worth a go as it's really so simple. I enjoyed mine with a cup of coffee.

Recipe - Petit Pain Au Chocolat

  • 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry cut into 12 squares
  • 1 large egg beaten (for glaze)
  • 200g of your favourite milk or dark chocolate, each cut into 2cm pieces (you may not need all of the chocolate)

1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200ÂșC/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with greasproof paper. 

2.Brush the top of each puff pastry square with egg glaze. Place 1 piece of chocolate on each pastry square. Roll up the dough tightly, enclosing the chocolate in each square. If you don't roll it tightly it will puff out and be very fluffy! 

3. Place pastry rolls on baking sheet, seam side down. Brush tops of pastry rolls with remaining egg glaze. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake until pastries are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Best served immediately.


Definitely give this one a try!


Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. will defo be stealing this one for my tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gonna use croissant pastry though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I get croissant pastry mmmm *eyes rolling in my head* LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell it in most supermarkets (large ones) & croissant pastry is an excellent idea!

      Delete
  4. you are inspired!! what a delicious treat and with a flake!! - perfection
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have puff pastry in my freezer. This looks inspiring! Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look like little pillows of heaven. I am happy to be following your blog. I see that you have some great recipes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I would never have dreamed of making croissants but this blog has inspired me up give it a go as I love them so. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all guys! My favourite recipes are the easy ones!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...