Friday 13 January 2012

To The Child That Is Waiting...


Last weekend I had the privilege of attending a baby shower for my good friend. The theme was an English Tea Party and after much deliberation I came up with a menu, with help from my long-suffering sister.

Tea Party Menu

Finger Sandwiches (all on white bread)
Ham and Watercress
Cream Cheese and Chives
Cream Cheese and Cucumber

Cakes
Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting (some topped with strawberries)
Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
Toffee and Banana Cake
Victoria Sponge
Lemon Drizzle Cake
Chocolate Eclairs

Drinks
Champagne and Strawberries (generously provided by Mummy-to-be)

I've been to a lot of baby showers in my time, but this one was truly beautiful and involved us taking time to bless the baby and appreciate the amazing gift of a new life. It was so moving that I almost got broody (almost!)

Have a look at a handful of the pictures from the day and join me as we wish them all the best for the future.


Peace & Love
xx

ps Special thanks to my sister for coming to my rescue at 3am the night before. I will always love you xxxxx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! and friendship is beautiful!want some vegan shoes to go with it?!You have my support! Me and my fabulous partner are DESIGNING, MAKING AND SELLING AUTHENTIC, HAND MADE VEGAN SHOES! want some?!Come be a part of our journey and find out all the wittle details :)!! and give us some feedback! xoxo-Mumu
    www.euphoricfashiontrends.blogspot.com support a good cause!come join my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn... your blog always makes me hungry!! That sponge cake?? TO DIE FOR!! What a sweet sweet baby shower, and such delciousness too xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...