Tuesday 31 January 2012

Waffles With Spiced Honey Glazed Pineapple



I'm so over January! I'm over waking up in the dark and rushing around trying to catch the natural light to take pictures. Roll on the summertime, with light, warmth and long days. 

To help lift my spirits a bit, I wanted to bring on the summer vibe with some tropical fruit - the mighty pineapple. I had also intended to try and do some more healthy recipes for the coming month. I'm  afraid that the regular snacking on my creations is starting to show on my tummy & I'm not liking it! I figure if I make healthy stuff at least once in a while, I'll be giving myself a better chance of keeping it under control!


So today I bring you, waffles with spiced glazed honey pineapples and cinnamon fromage frais. If you wanted to be super good you could just leave out the waffles, note that's not what I did as I didn't want to go crazy :)

The recipe is very simple, I don't have a waffle iron (to reduce temptation), so I bought the waffles. The pineapples take about 20 minutes to make including preparation time so it's really quick. Click here for the link to the recipe.




This is actually very tasty. You have a beautiful mix of different textures with the waffles, pineapple and fromage frais. There is also a tartness from the lime and the fromage frais to offset the sweet flavours: all in all a big thumbs up!

Before I forget, I will be announcing the winner of the giveaway in Friday's post so look out for that!

Tell me, what is your favourite season and what have been your highlights for this month?

Peace & Love

xx


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Yum! 'The Mighty Pineapple' indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! What a great combo with the pineapple and waffles with fromage frais! Lovely looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waffles have been the comfort food in many a kitchen. A waffle is a flat batter cake cooked between two hot plates that are called a waffle iron.

    Waffle Glaze

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...