Sunday 3 November 2013

Dia De Los Muertos


Day of the Dead or Dia de Los Muertos, is a Mexican holiday in which people remember family and friends who have passed away.

It's not something I've really celebrated before, but I have lost some close family members recently, in particular my sweet Uncle Lloyd who passed away in September, so it really resonated with me.








As it would so happen, my good friend threw a Day of The Dead party this weekend and it was a great excuse to get dressed up and bake sugar cookies!


I became a little bit obsessed with the cookies. In the top picture, I decorated the skulls using fondant cut-outs. In the picture above, I covered the cookies with fondant, left them to dry for 48 hours and used edible pens to decorate them. Click here for a good recipe for sugar cookies.


Peace & Love

xx


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...