Saturday 10 December 2011

Day 10 - Golden Sparkle Chocolate & Cherry Pots & Christmas Plays



This past week has been a flurry of activity, baking galore and two school plays; Christmas is well and truly here! For some horrible reason my laptop is playing up so I can't access the vast majority of my photos but I managed to salvage a few to share with you. 


My son had the 'prestigious' role of the North Star in a musical adaptation of the Nativity Story called Sparkle. School plays are great, it's hilarious watching the kids get distracted or bored or just standing there picking their nose and you always get the thespians who are really focused and involved. The best part is watching the parents get competitive about their children, my boys are pretty outgoing and tend to get good parts and we love sitting there with smug faces, pretending that it's no big deal: you gotta love it. 


My nephew was also playing a Shepherd in his school play but that was earlier on in the week and the pictures were already uploaded to my laptop so I can't access them at the moment to share with you. 



I really loved the play and I've been craving chocolate recently so I decided to combine the two and make a chocolate pot topped with some gold sparkles. I added a couple of teaspoons of brandy per pot because it was the right thing to do (naturally) and the cherries to give that extra bit of seasonal colour and vitamins so that it wasn't all naughty! 


I hope you are all getting into the swing of Christmas, I still haven't bought any presents yet but there are two weeks left, so I've got plenty of time :)

Peace & Love

xx

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post - such adorable pictures - really what Christmas is all about - the dessert also looks amazing - really delicious
    mary x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...