Monday 18 June 2012

Walk A Mile in My Shoes....


I used to be a tomboy and never wear skirts much less heels. It just didn't seem to make any sense to me, that someone would torture themselves for the sake of fashion: surely comfort reigns supreme... Oh the foolish musings of the young!

Sugar Heels

I have since grown to appreciate the magnificence of heels. I don't go overboard and wear them all the time. It's trainers or flats to and from wherever I'm going, and heels when I get there... But how I love heels. They are flattering, elegant, feminine and can transform the way you feel about yourself.

How I'd like to roll
How I usually roll...
With my new found enthusiasm for all things pointy, it made sense for me to get down to the Louboutin exhibition at the Design Museum in London. I was under time pressures so had to rush it a bit but I loved it all the same. I was blown away by his attention to detail and the passion that goes into each design. Most of his shoes actually looked wearable (except those in the fetish room), and I even spotted some flats in the mix... One day when I grow up, I too will own my own pair or three.


On that day, I will also know how to walk in them comfortably. There's nothing worse than someone in heels that they can't walk in. I can still only manage heels for short bursts but as my years increase so does my tolerance and long may it continue. By the time I'm 80 I'll be amazing! 


For now, I shall spend time making heels for cupcakes, who knows, if I make enough of them, maybe the shoe fairy will take pity on me and leave some Louboutin's under my pillow... A girl can wish :)

How have your tastes changed over the years?

Peace & Love

xx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. These are incredible! Would you consider posting a tutorial? These would be absolutely perfect for my best friend's birthday! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have combined shoes onto a cupcake... Its a in a similar style to my cupcake and fashion Blog. Check it out and join of you like it! I've joined you :)

    www.lellysgallery.blogspot.co.uk

    X x x x

    ReplyDelete

  3. Your given information really impressed , This content is impactful and informative.
    personal Trainer
    Personal trainer near me
    personal trainer london


    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...