Saturday 23 June 2012

Tea and Cakes of London - Ms Cupcake...


My sister bought a book recently called 'Tea & Cake London' by Zena Alkayat, which gives details of some of the best places for sweet treats in London. Our plan is to go to as many as we can, to taste some of the goodies that are out there & see how the professionals do it!

Last week I was in Brixton, South London and I stumbled upon the vegan cupcake store, Ms Cupcake. I was really excited as I have heard so many good things about the place and couldn't wait to taste test! Plus it's been a while since I've featured vegan cakes on this blog!

Sure enough they didn't disappoint. The first thing you notice is just how much icing is on the cupcakes! There is literally a 50:50 cake to icing ratio, making them look so luxurious. I definitely felt some icing envy and am wondering now if I have been too miserly with my portions!



I had four flavours, Chocolate Chilli, Rose Petal, Red Velvet and Lime & Coconut. They have so many flavours on offer, it's a bit overwhelming for someone as indecisive as me (but obviously amazing!) Of these four, my personal favourites were the Lime & Coconut, followed by the Rose Petal cake and I think that is because they are vegan. There is definitely a difference in flavour with vegan cakes, but they are still very very tasty. This is where the choice of flavours comes in handy because you can push the boundaries of what you would normally choose.

If you have yet to sample vegan cupcakes, then I would definitely start here. I personally couldn't manage all of the icing, but I salute anyone that can!

Ms Cupcake can be found at 408 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, London SW9 8LF, if you're in the area go check them out!



Peace & Love

xx

ps do you have any recommendations for cake eateries in London??
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What BEAUTIFUL cupcakes!!! simply LOVE them - I'm amazed by the vegan cupcakes I've eaten -they taste so good and I can never understand how they manage that - masses of icing doesn't hurt!
    mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love strawberries flavor cupcakes........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was searching for this information . cake shop hammersmith Thank you for providing this information...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...