Saturday 9 April 2011

Being in the nude isn't a disgrace unless you're being promiscuous about it. After all, when God created Adam and Eve, they were stark naked. And in the Garden of Eden, God was probably naked as a jaybird too! (Bettie Page)

This cake was a love gift for my beautiful friend who has a fascination with Bettie Page. She also bares a striking resemblance to her so it was a perfect fit.








To get inspiration for the cake I thought I'd better learn a bit more about Bettie Page, so I watched the film 'The Notorious Bettie Page'. I would recommend it to anyone, it wasn't what I expected at all - check it out...



OK so, I decided to get a non-edible cake topper to look like Bettie and or my friend, like I said they are very similar looking so it works both ways. I used a lady that I found on the internet called Naomi, her website is www.topofthecake.co.uk. I found a perfect pose and luckily she agreed to do it.




So with the topper ordered the next question was what cake to do. It seemed Red Velvet was the only way to go - the cake had to be indulgent, striking & ultimately tasty to match beautiful Bettie. I did a 4 layer cake with Cream Cheese icing & covered it in handmade glitter roses and petals.


The topper, which arrived with only one day to spare.
I had to coat this cake about 4 times to get it to look even vaguely smooth...

The cake at home with a little extra bling on the balloons courtesy of my Mum x

I left it by her bed to find when she came home



The cake went down a treat and more importantly tasted gorgeous.

#homemadewithlovebaby

xx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...